The Rising Strong™ Process
Rising Strong™ is a process based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. Her pioneering work uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability – the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome – is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy: We are inevitably going to stumble and fall. The Rising Strong™ process is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending.
The Rising Strong™ Process
We all go through struggle – asking somebody out that does not want us, expressing our feelings and not being understood, saying something at work that didn’t land very well; the list is endless – failing feels painful and can trigger shame, disappointment and a whole range of emotions and thoughts.
Sometimes we avoid pursuing our heart desires because we fear failing. And sometimes when we do, we don’t get back up and we give up. But if we want to break away from the crowd and live wholehearted lives, we have to be courageous and different; doing this inevitable means we will sometimes fall.
This workshop is all about learning to get back up and how to become a highly resilient individual.
How do we bounce back from failure? How do you recover from being exposed?
What is in it for me?
By taking part in the Rising Strong™ Workshop you will learn how to apply the Rising Strong™ process to your day-to-day life and become empowered to write wholehearted new endings to your stories. You will also:
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Become familiar with the Rising Strong process and goals – rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives.
- Raise your awareness about: the feelings associated with emotions, your response to emotion, and how emotion, thought, and behavior are interconnected.
- Practice and build skills to engage with and experience emotion, including mindfulness and breathing.
- Deepen your emotional vocabulary and self-awareness
- Comprehend that as humans, we have meaning-making in our biology and are compelled to make up stories – even if they are based on incomplete information.
- Reclaim and integrate orphaned parts of yourself and celebrate that wholeness through creative expression.
WHEN, WHERE, HOW?
Rising Strong™ Workshop (2018)
March: Saturday, 24th at 19:00 – Sunday, 25th at 17:30
The School of Social Entrepreneurs. 139 Tooley St. London. SE1 2HZ
The Rising Strong™ workshop is an interactive mix of –
- Psycho experiential and educational exploration
- Videos from Brené, created specifically for Rising Strong™
- Group discussions
- Creative exercises
- Self reflection and inquiry
Included in the registration fee:
- Your personal Rising Strong™ workbook
- Light refreshments during the weekend
- Post workshop activity
- One 50 min Skype coaching session with one of the facilitators (to take place within 3 months of completion of the workshop)